Home Based – Remote Working
At GrowBe we are an entrepreneurial virtual business offering innovative, high energy accountancy and financial services. We want to provide our client’s with the big picture at all times and want candidates who display an excellent understanding of the challenges faced by SME and new start-ups. Therefore, we are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join our collaborative team due to a rapid expansion of services.
We are committed to providing our clients service professionals who stand out from the crowd. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are committed to providing expert services to clients we are interested in you. We want candidates who go that extra mile, who seek accreditation in what they do or are enthused at becoming accredited software users.
You will have all the expected qualities; organized, efficient with excellent attention to detail but will have that special something to make you stand out to us as an excellent book-keeping professional and individual. If you have experience in packages such as telleroo, dext, fathom, xero or even better have any accreditations then we would be interested in hearing from you.
You will be supported by an experienced finance team who will support you in all aspects of your work. You will be encouraged to give input and ideas and become a fully fledged member of our growing team. At GrowBe our ethos is to work together to provide a holistic well rounded service and you will be able to appreciate our ethos and reflect it in your own service provision.
- Formal Accountancy qualification minimum AAT Level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of working with multiple SME’s and Start Up businesses with an appreciation for working with such clients
- Be able to work as a contractor on a flexible basis. This may also mean a rapid expansion of hours at short notice.
- You will be accountable for delivering an accurate trail of company spending including generating accounting and other reports.
- Perform data entry with meticulous attention to detail
- Liaise with clients, with external suppliers and customers as required
- Maintain files and databases in full compliance with legislation
- Daily usage of financial processes,enhancing and updating where needed
- Management of sales ledger
- Maintaining accounts, verifying and posting
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Maintain invoices and payments
- Co-ordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, nominal accounts, expenses and such like.
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Assist with quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
Bookkeeper Job Skills & Requirements
- Sound accounting knowledge
- A minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience desirable
- Understanding accounting best practices
- Excellent data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft; experience in Xero and Dext would be an advantage
- Accreditations in Xero, Dext, or other cloud accounting software would be very desirable.
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Strong Google Suite skills
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: Up to £15 per hour
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bookkeeper (2 years)
- Yes, always
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Freelance
Pay: Up to £15.00 per hour